We are happy to share that the Canmore Mountain Market is returning this year starting May 20! It will look a little different than you are used to, but the 2021 market will feature many of the vendors you know and love. We can’t wait to see you again this season – from a safe distance.
To ensure that the market aligns with provincial guidelines and provides a safe space for both vendors and attendees, we have made some big changes. Here is what to expect:
- NEW location at the Elevation Place parking lot with additional overflow parking.
- Reduced market hours from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- New expectations when visiting the market during COVID-19
- Same rain or shine attitude
- Same great regional vendors with tasty produce and beautiful goods
- Limited access to ensure a safe number of attendees at the market at a time
- No public washroom facilities or access to Elevation Place without a session booking.
Here are some ways you can ensure you have the best 2021 market experience:
- Consider visiting during off-peak times - before 12 p.m. or after 2 p.m.
- Take active transportation – walk or bike to the market
- Leave your car at home and take free local fare transit!
- Go…before you go! Expect limited available public washroom facilities.
Enjoy the vibrant atmosphere of the Canmore Mountain Market as a volunteer this season. Get to know the vendors, their products, and be part of a twenty-year tradition.
We are looking for volunteers to work a 2.5-hour shift on Thursdays from May 20 to Oct. 7. No commitment too big or small – work one shift or become a regular, it’s up to you!
It will be your job to give access to Elevation Place for scheduled patrons and library users. You will also be an information provider, direction giver, and community ambassador. If this opportunity is of interest to you, click here to apply.
You can find the market, every Thursday from 10 a.m.- 4 p.m., at the Elevation Place parking lot starting May 20.
To ensure that the market is safe and manageable, we needed to make some changes to the market, including a finding a new location that allows us to manage entrances, exits, and numbers of attendees, has enough room for social distancing, and ensure proper hygiene can occur.
The new market location at Elevation Place has limited parking available on location. We will have additional overflow parking available in the gravel lot BEHIND Home Hardware. Please do not park in the customer lot.
Please consider visiting during off-peak times (before 12 p.m. or after 2 p.m.) and/or take active transportation – Walk, bike, or take free-local transit to the market.
No. With COVID-19 restrictions in place, entrance to Elevation Place is limited to those with existing session bookings. Please do not enter the facility to eat or use the washrooms due to COVID-19 restrictions. There is a porta-potty available on-site.
We will have a volunteer ambassador at the door to Elevation Place to help ensure a safe experience for all. Interested in volunteering? Click here
Yes! Anyone with an existing Elevation Place session booking can access the facility as normal. There is handicapped parking in the lot closest to the building with additional parking located in the side lots.
Yes! Patrons can access Elevation Place as normal to access the library.
· The same rain or shine attitude!
· Limited parking
· Limited access to ensure a safe number of customers at the market at a time to encourage physical distancing
· Limited available public washroom facilities.
· New expectations when visiting the market during COVID-19
Visitors and locals are treated to an excellent selection of locally and regionally produced items including fresh fruits and vegetables, meats, jams, coffee, and baked goods. The Market also offers unique crafts, clothing, jewelry, and other artisanal products.
For market updates, follow the Canmore Mountain Market on Facebook & Instagram @canmoremountainmarket