Canmore Mountain Market - 2020
This is the last week for the Mountain Market this season. Typically, the community tradition extends into October; however, with school starting in September, our current location at the Canmore Recreation Centre becomes unavailable next week. Unfortunately, we were unable to find an alternate location that meets Alberta Health Services' requirements while ensuring adequate parking and vendor access.
We thank all the vendors for supporting our community in a challenging year, and we look forward to seeing you at the market next spring.
After much anticipation, we are happy to share that the Canmore Mountain Market is returning again this year as early as July 2! It will look a little different than you are used to, but the 2020 market features many of the vendors you know and love.
To ensure that the market aligns with provincial guidelines and provides a safe space for both vendors and attendees, we have made some big changes.
Here is what to expect at the 2020 market:
- *NEW location at Canmore Recreation Centre parking lot*
- *NEW market hours from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.*
- Same rain or shine attitude
- Same great regional vendors with tasty produce and beautiful goods
- Limited access to ensure a safe number of attendees at the market at a time
- Limited parking
- Limited public washroom facilities.
- New sanitation protocol when entering the market
Here are some ways you can ensure you have the best 2020 market experience:
- Consider visiting during off-peak times - before 12 p.m. or after 2 p.m.
- Take active transit - walk, bike, or Roam to the market
- Be mindful that others will be waiting to get in while you shop
- Make a list of the things you need before entering the market
- Go…before you go! Expect limited available public washroom facilities.
- Remember that the Canmore Recreation Centre is not yet open to the public
- Please follow our new expectations when visiting the market during COVID-19:
- Stay at least 2 metres from others
- Sanitize your hands upon arrival
- Shop, don’t stop
- Enjoy any market foods after you’ve left the market
- Stay home if you have symptoms: coughing, sneezing, sore throat, running nose or fever
We can’t wait to see you again this season – from a safe distance. For market updates, follow the Canmore Mountain Market on Facebook & Instagram @canmoremountainmarket
To ensure that the market is safe and manageable, we needed to make some changes to the market, including a finding a new location that allows us to manage entrances, exits, and numbers of attendees, has enough room for social distancing, and ensure proper hygiene can occur.
There will be limited parking available at the following locations:
· Parking lot behind Canmore Recreation Centre – do not park at Canmore Golf & Curling Club
· Parking lot at CCHS
· Parking lot at the pumphouse
· The same rain or shine attitude!
· Reduced market hours from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
· Limited parking
· Limited access to ensure a safe number of customers at the market at a time to encourage physical distancing
· Limited available public washroom facilities.
· New expectations when visiting the market during COVID-19
· Take active transit - walk, bike, or Roam to the market.
· Be mindful that others will be waiting to get in while you shop
· Make a list of the things you need before entering the market
· Go…before you go! Expect limited public washroom facilities
· Stay at least 2 metres from others
· Sanitize your hands upon arrival
· Shop, don’t stop
· Enjoy any market foods after you’ve left the market
· Stay home if you have symptoms: coughing, sneezing, sore throat, running nose or fever
Visitors and locals are treated to an excellent selection of locally and regionally produced items including fresh fruits and vegetables, meats, jams, coffee and baked goods. The Market also offers unique crafts, clothing, jewellery and other artisanal products.
Click here to apply for the 2020 waitlist
For market updates, follow the Canmore Mountain Market on Facebook & Instagram @canmoremountainmarket