As directed by Alberta Health Services and the Alberta Climbing Industry group, we have made changes to manage the risk of COVID-19 transmission in the climbing gym. We still offer a great climbing experience, but it will be different. Our staff care about your safety and want to ensure that our facility remains open. Your understanding and cooperation is greatly appreciated.
- Our capacity is limited so that you will have room to climb and not be crowded.
- You can make a booking so that you know with confidence when you will be able to climb. To ensure others have time to climb, please work with our staff and respect your two-hour climbing limit.
- Please complete the COVID-19 screening prior to booking. Stay home if you have signs or symptoms that may be COVID-19 related.
- Please arrive dressed to climb. There is no access to change rooms and there is limited space for your personal items.
- Please follow the building flow patterns to ensure you are not passing through narrow spaces with people in the opposite direction.
- Unless you are working closely with our staff during a belay test, you are not required to wear a mask. We do, however, encourage you to consider wearing a mask indoors whenever possible.
- To keep our air respiratory-friendly, please consider leaving your powdered chalk at home and using the liquid chalk we provide (which is also an effective hand sanitizer).
About climbing holds:
We will be cleaning the ground level surfaces frequently, but we are not able to clean the climbing holds on the wall between climbs. Please adhere to the following safe climb procedure:
- Complete your safety checks as usual, but with more physical distance. Gravity isn’t self-isolating.
- Please sanitize your hands with liquid chalk or hand sanitizer before climbing.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth during the climb.
- Do not bite the rope during lead climbing.
- Sanitize your hands immediately upon returning to the ground, especially in the event that you touch your eyes, nose or mouth in the downtime between climbs.
FORGET YOU’RE INDOORS
Our climbing gym is like no other. Designed by the world renowned climbing company Walltopia, our interior will make you forget you’re indoors due to the natural light and open spaces. Our training area has been designed so you can make the most of your climbing experience. Whether you are a beginner or training for international competition, you will love our wall!
If you have never climbed before, our staff will show you where and how to start your vertical adventures – It’s great family fun for ages 4 years and older! Climbers under 13 years old require adult supervision (one adult to a maximum of 3 climbers under 13) at all times in the climbing wall.
First time at the wall? pdf Click here! (5.11 MB)
For the online calendar showing what’s happening in recreation click here!
Waivers and Acknowledgement of Risk form
Please sign a waiver (climbers over age 18) or Acknowledgement of Risk form (climbers under age 18) before arriving at the climbing gym. Adults must provide photo ID for their first visit.
- 1,000 square meters (11,000 sqr ft) of climbing surface as high as 15 m (45′) at its peak
- Varied terrain with over 100 colour-coded climbs for climbers of all abilities
- Over 40 climbing lines for top roping or lead climbing
- Seven automatic belay systems that require minimal training or experience
- Extensive bouldering terrain
- Equipment rentals for indoor climbing
Climbing Shoes $6 + GST
Harness $5 + GST
Belay Device $2 + GST
Package (Shoes, Harness, Belay Device) $10 +GST
Member/Youth Package Deal $8 + GST
Chalk Bag $2 + GST (not included in packages)
Climbing Gym Grade Chart