Plenty of workout space to meet your personal exercise and training goals. Overlooking the Aquatics Centre at Elevation Place, enjoy the variety of cardio machines while burning a few calories.
- 2000 sq. feet of fitness (plus our recently expanded stretching/plyometrics room)
- 11 pieces of cardio equipment
- new weight training equipment
- overlooking the Aquatics Centre
Please note that the minimum age to access the Fitness area with an adult is 13. To access Fitness on your own, you must be 13-15 and have completed a fitness orientation, or be 16+ years old.
Fitness Core Classes
From SpinFit to yoga, our certified instructors are here to help you get sweaty and centered, challenged and supported. All of our Fitness Core Classes are offered at the Canmore Recreation Centre. While we are able to accommodate a limited number of drop-ins, we strongly recommend that you book your Core Class in advance by clicking here. Go Beyond members can book their fitness classes up to three days in advance; non-members can book the day before.
- 5-minute rule: Participants may not enter a class five minutes after the scheduled start time. This ensures that all participants arrive early enough to find a spot, settle in without disruption and become sufficiently warmed up for the more vigorous parts of the class. Please respect this rule and the instructor when he/she enforces it.
- Please inform the instructor if you have any special considerations (e.g. pregnancy, injury, illness, recent surgery) which may influence your ability to take a class.
- Proper athletic footwear is mandatory in all fitness classes, with the exception of yoga.
- Participants must be 16 years and older to participate in our core classes. Core classes marked with a 13+ are open to youth 13 - 15 years old accompanied by a supervising adult.
- Youth 13 to 15 years old must be supervised by an adult at all times in the fitness and cardio weight rooms unless they have taken a Complimentary Gym
Covid-19 Health and Safety Protocols
Covid-19 is stressful, but using the Fitness Centre at Elevation Place shouldn't be. To help our customers feel safe during workouts, we've utilized all possible space to increase the square footage of our Fitness Centre and to increase the distance between workout equipment and stations. In the video below, learn about how to navigate our Fitness Centre space and how to keep yourself and others safe while at Elevation Place.
Click to read about the EP Fitness Area Controls during COVID (236 KB)
Click to read about the Fitness Class Controls (32 KB) during COVID